Research has shown that proper use of ICT improves student outcomes such as communication, collaboration, thinking and engagement.
At Arndell, we recognise the importance of ICT, and our state of the art technology program and in classroom equipment helps to educate students and keep our parents informed.
Modern schools are expected to implement and grapple with; learning management systems, school administration systems, parent portals, software as a service, device mobility, specialist software and ICT tools, growing computer and tablet fleets, and a vast amount of server, network, storage and other behind the scenes infrastructure to make it all work twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.
As a leader in the use of educational technology, we provide the following:
- One to one device program for Kindergarten to Year 12 which includes all software, applications and support.
- Specialist labs for STEM subjects and Music.
- Integrated use of ICT across the curriculum.
- Online Parent Portal and the ArndellApp (here parents can access updates from the College, provide absence explanations, excursion information, assessment results and tasks, student welfare information, and academic reports).
- SeeSaw, an online portfolio for Junior School students which provides an avenue for students and their teachers to share with families what is being learnt in the classroom.
- CANVAS, a learning management system for Secondary School students which facilitates access to documents and resources, class forums, learning journals, course outlines, online testing, assessment management, library catalogue, online research databases, and where required online learning.
- Interactive smart boards / panels in all classrooms, with AppleTV in Junior School classrooms.
- A completely managed wireless and wired networking infrastructure, managed storage and server infrastructure,