Research has shown that proper use of ICT improves student outcomes such as communication, collaboration, thinking and engagement. ICT can also provide a means of improving communication amongst staff, parents, students and a school’s wider community. ICT can improve administrative processes, increase efficiency and greatly improve access to data, which can then be transformed into meaningful information.
Schools teaching and learning needs are placing increased demand on a more integrated and flexible technical infrastructure framework. Modern schools are expected to implement and grapple with; learning management systems, school administration systems, parent portals, software as a service, device mobility, specialist software and ICT tools, growing computer & tablet fleets and a vast amount of server, network, storage and other behind the scenes infrastructure to make it all work.
These services and facilities are required to be implemented in a way that is interoperable, and accessible twenty four hours a day to facilitate anytime/anywhere learning, and configured in a way that meets duty of care requirements.
At Arndell, we recognise the importance of ICT, and our state of the art technology helps to educate students, keep our parents very informed and helps us administer the College.
As a leader in the use of educational technology, we provide the following;
- Online Parent Services (For parents to track attendance, assessment results and tasks, student welfare, academic reports, sickbay visits, make parent teacher bookings etc)
- Wider Community Communication (Electronic news distribution & feeds, online event information)
- An advanced online portal (Facilitating access to online learning - document and resource access, class forums, learning journals, course outlines, online testing, assessment management, library catalogue, online research databases, digital video delivery etc)
- Advanced physical technology resources such as a completely managed wireless and wired networking infrastructure, managed storage and server infrastructure, Interactive Smart Boards in all classrooms, one to one device program for K-12, specialist computer labs for graphics, music and the like.
- Integrated use of ICT across the curriculum.